Woman Knocked Down During Kings Highway Mugging

The last thing a 92-year-old woman expected as she strolled along Kings Highway near the diet center was to be approached by a man who not only mugged her for the wallet and $100 it contained but also knocked her over. Something that, given her advanced age, could have led to serious injuries.

Myrtle Beach police were first alerted to the mugging just before 9:00 a.m. which took place at the 6500 block of North Kings Highway.

ROBOAccording to the statement the victim gave to the police for their report. She first noticed her mugger when she walked past him as she strolled by the drug store. She says that after she moved on, he approached her from behind and shoved her down, onto the ground, at which point he demanded she relinquish her wallet. She said she begged him not to take it, but he ignored her pleas and ran off in the direction of Kings Highway.

According to the police report the wallet contained approximately $100 in case, some credit cards, and the victim’s identification.

mugger-and-woman-in-woods-1-1were called about 8:40 a.m. Tuesday to a diet center on the 6500 block of North Kings Highway where a 92-year-old woman reported the incident, officers said. One person who witnessed the violent mugging told police that she was in her car at the time and tried to follow the man who attacked the woman but was unable to continue her pursuit when the suspect fled into Kings Highway traffic. She was able to tell the police officers which building the suspect ran behind.

According to reports, the police have apprehended someone who fits the description of the suspect but at the moment, he claims that they have arrested the wrong man.

“I’m appalled by this report,” said Joseph Sandefur, managing partner of a top personal injury firm with an office headquartered in Myrtle Beach. “It’s bad enough that someone was mugged in the middle of a morning when so many people were around, but that someone would be so callous towards an elderly woman and realize that his actions could have resulted in serious, possibly even life threatening injuries is reprehensible. These types of cases are exactly what makes me glad I decided to become a personal injury lawyer. I have the skills needed to make sure that victims like this elderly woman aren’t forced to pay for the actions of others.”

image (4)While the police haven’t stated whether the woman was hurt as the direct result of the actions her mugger took, it’s in her best interest to make an appointment with her doctor right away. Once she has been examined and any injuries treated, she’s entitled to meet with a personal injury attorney in Myrtle Beach who will help her determine whether or not she has the grounds for a personal injury case. If she does, she can file a civil lawsuit asking to be reimbursed for her medical bills and the pain and suffering she endured as a result of the injury.

If you were injured in a mugging, contact https://joeandmartin.com/myrtle-beach/ and learn about your legal rights.

 

Family Patriarch Dies as Result of a Simple Carbon Monoxide Mistake

Detectives have reached the conclusion that the reason a local father, Louis Argo, died and five more people were hospitalized was the result of a carbon monoxide accident.

Things went horribly awry for the family when they left their car, a Ford Escape, turned on while it was parked in the garage. Police were summoned to the Argos by the family’s neighbors.

Firefighters-at-carbon-monoxide-scene_661989_ver1.0_1280_720

“The neighbors were heading out to go exercise at approximately 5:30 in the morning when they first initially noticed that the garage door was left open. They thought it was odd, but went about their business. When they came back from working out, they realized that the garage door was still open. They thought that was very suspicious and that’s when they went in and attempted to make contact with their neighbors and then they found the body,” said BSO’s Carter. No one believes the car was left on intentionally. Detectives feel it was simply forgotten about

“This family had just come back from a trip. They were unloading their vehicle from the trip, then just accidentally left their vehicle on. It was on for several hours,” said Broward Sheriff Office spokeswoman, Gina Carter, “This was a tragic, accidental carbon monoxide poisoning

ICarbonMonoxideblogt’s also believe that rather than trying to harm his family, Argo was trying to save them, an effort that cost him his life but most likely saved the lives of his children. When the rescue crew arrived at the scene, both Argo’s wife and 11-year-old daughter didn’t respond to the EMT’s though both were still alive. They were instantly transported to Broward Health Medical Center. It was later discovered that Regina Argo required additional treatment which require that she be transferred to Mercy Hospital.

The idea that Argo was struggling to save his family when he succumbed to the effects of the carbon monoxide was inspired by the location and placement of his body when first responders found him.  “The father realized that something was wrong – maybe realizing that he had left the vehicle on – went downstairs, opened the garage door, and unfortunately he collapsed there near the garage door,” Carter explained.

The Argo family weren’t the only ones impacted by the mistake. Their neighbors were also affected by the carbon monoxide, though they didn’t inhale the same dangerous amounts as the Argo family. Both were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning and then released.

One Fort Lauderdale Firefighter-Paramedic also required some carbon monoxide treatment. In addition to Argo passing away, the family also lost two of their dogs and one cat. One cat did manage to survive the ordeal.

“This is a heartbreaking tragedy that should have been avoided, Joe and Martin, a prominent attorneys from South Carolina , said’ “If the family had installed a carbon monoxide dector in their home, it’s likely they would have been able to get out before the carbon monoxide had an opportunity to harm them.”

co-poisoning-word-cloud2-630x350

If someone you loved died of carbon monoxide poisoning and it’s revealed that they had a detector that failed to work, consult with a personal injury lawyer and discuss the possibility of filing a wrongful death lawsuit against the manufacture.